Vision of the Department:
Our vision is to develop Electrical Engineers for changing scenario of industrial context.
Mission of the Department:
To provide quality technical education through modern methods in Teaching learning that emphasizes engineering skill and multidisciplinary approaches
To accept the challenges of modern science and technology, through continuous improvement in teaching methodologies ,which enable students to get knowledge of electrical engineering
To achieve faculty development through continuous improvement and training.
The SRES’ Sanjivani KarmveerBhaurao Patil Polytechnic was established in 1982 by a great visionary person, pioneer of Socio-Economic transformation Hon’ble Shri ShankarraojiKolheSaheb and Department of Electrical Engineering became its part since the academic year 2008-09 with the intake capacity of 60. Its first batch passed out in the year 2010-11. For the first batch itself, there was overwhelming response for its placement through Campus Placement Drive as more emphasize was given to the industry oriented teaching and developing the soft skills amongst students. Every year, there was satisfactory placement. This Polytechnic is situated in the rural area and facing the draught like situation from many years. As placement was good, many students were interested to take the admission in Electrical branch. But, as seats were limited to 60, management started one more batch in the second shift from the academic year 2013-14.
It is approved by AICTE New Delhi and affiliated to MSBTE,Mumbai. The Department of Electrical Engineering offers a vibrant environment for Diploma in Electrical Engineering. The Department is committed to the advancement of the frontiers of knowledge in electrical engineering and to provide the students with a stimulating and rewarding learning experience. The Department is equipped with the state of art of equipments and Laboratories with excellent computational facilities. Conducive environment exists in the department for both staff and students. Quality technical education is imparted to the students in the field of Electrical Engineering.
The Electrical Engineering Department is headed by Prof. S. S. DAWANGE with his graceful experience of 31 years in teaching. The Department has qualified and devoted team of teaching and non-teaching members. The various faculties of the department have presented/ published papers in National/International conferences and journals. The students also show their enthusiasm by presenting technical papers and participating in various level events and have won the prizes in the same. Various expert lectures/workshop, technical tours/industrial visits are organized for all round development of the students in various areas of Electrical Engineering and allied fields regularly.
Department of Electrical Engineering offers Diploma course in Electrical Engineering of duration 3 years after SSC and 2 year after HSC/ITI/MCVC as per Government rule and regulation.
The Programmed Educational Objectives (PEOs):
PEO 1: Core Knowledge:Our Technocrats apply the principles of Science, mathematics, and Engineering for technological up-gradation.
PEO 2: Application knowledge: The application of practical knowledge and theoretical knowledge gained by our technocrats in analyzing & solving technical & behavioral issues related to Electrical Engineering keeping in mind the impact on the environment, utilizing the modern tools for the best possible outcomes.
PEO 3: Lifelong learning:Our technocrats are able to pursue higher education to get more skills & knowledge to seek continuous improvement in the field of advanced technology for the betterment of mankind
PEO 4: Professionalism:Our Technocrats exercise excellent leadership qualities, at levels appropriate to their experience, which addresses issues in an ethical and responsive manner.
- To employ the fundamental knowledge of Mathematics and Science to principles of Electrical engineering.
- To use knowledge of engineering and concerned principles to solve problems related to Electrical engineering so as to cultivate environmental sustainability values.
- To inculcate an ability to function in multidisciplinary teams and to go for practice in Electrical engineering.
- To develop and modify techniques, skills and modern engineering tools these are required for practice in Electrical engineering.
- To identify the need and ability to engage in categorical lifelong learning.
- To relate critical thinking in designing and evaluating components, processes and systems related to Electrical engineering to get quality outputs.
- To develop an potential to express knowledge & thought to communicate efficiently both in written & verbal form.
- To demonstrate the professional and ethical responsibilities of an Engineer in day to day life.
- To consider the impact of engineering knowledge on all aspect of personal & social well being.
- To interpretive the technical betterment issues in the modern world & shine to devise means to achieve it.
- To create and identify effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings for betterment of mankind.
- To use techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for devising innovative projects to strive to become stalwart in the field of Electrical engineering.