FIRST YEAR & DIRECT SECOND YEAR
Admission to the following programs are governed by the procedure laid down by the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State.
The details of such seats are as shown in the following table.
Direct Second Year
Eligibility criteria for Maharashtra State Candidate and Outside Maharashtra State Candidate for admission to First year of diploma courses in Engineering/Technology:
Candidate should be an Indian National and should have passed the SSC (Std.X) examination of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with minimum 50% marks in Best of 5 aggregate (minimum 45% marks in Best of 5 aggregate in case of candidates of Backward class categories valid and recognized in the Maharashtra State) with and in subjects Mathematics, General Science and English.
- The term ‘aggregate marks’ used here shall mean the grand total marks obtained by the candidate, taken together for best 5 subjects.
- Best of 5 aggregate marks in case of candidates who have passed qualifying exam on or before 2009 shall be decided by selecting any 5 subjects in which maximum marks are scored.
- ICSE candidates shall have following options.
- Out of 6 subjects comprising of 4 subjects from Group I and 2 subjects from Group 2, best of 5 subject’s marks shall be considered for admission/Merit.
- All 7 subjects’ marks shall be considered for admission/Merit in case of seeking benefit of marks of subjects from Group 3.
- For CBSE Candidates :- if the marks are given in the form of Grade points then equivalents 0% of marks shall be calculated as follows
- The CGPA is the average of Grade Points obtained in all the subjects excluding additional 6th subject as per Scheme of Studies.
- Subject wise indicative percentage of marks = 9.5 x GP of the Subject.
- Overall indicative percentage of marks =9.5 x CGPA
- ICSE and CBSE Candidate are required to provide equivalent Makes authorized from the concerned institute / Board in case of makes given in Grades.
- Candidates passing SSC Examination from Maharashtra Board having included marks for Sports etc. in Grand Total mentioned in the mark sheet shall be considered.
Seats for OMS candidates:
The seats remaining vacant, if any only in Un-Aided, Polytechnics, after offering admission to all Maharashtra candidate on the merit list will be offered to the eligible candidates from the states other than Maharashtra States as per the Following guidelines.
- All OMS candidates will be considered as general category candidate and will have to fulfill the eligibility criteria as mentioned in Rule 2.0
- These Admissions are made on the basis of inter merit of the OMS candidates.
- The Head / Principal of concerned unaided institute shall effect these admissions.
- The total Number of OMS candidates so admitted should not exceed 20% of the sanctioned intake for any course in the institute.
Documents Required (In original)
- Indian Nationality Certificate,
- VIII, IX Mark sheet/ProformaZ,
- S.S.C. (Std.X) mark sheet.
- School leaving certificate after passing SSC (Std.X)
- HSC / MCVC mark sheet and Leaving Certificate , if applicable.
- Affidavit regarding Gap in education and / or Change of name, if applicable.
- Certificate of passing Intermediate Grade Drawing examination, if applicable.
- Domicile Certificate, if applicable
- Caste certificate, if applicable
- NON- Creamy Layer Certificate, if applicable.
- Caste validity Certificate if applicable
- EWS Certificate if Applicable
Attendance Rule: All Student and parents should note that as per norms of Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education, Mumbai, 75% attendance in each head of passing in compulsory failing which, the student is liable to be detained.
For more details please contact:
Mr. Manoj R. Gaikwad