Vision of Department:
Is to persistently improve its educational environment in order to develop state-of-art Computer Technologists those will contribute to ever-changing field of Computer Technology.
Mission of Department:
Mission of department of Computer Technology is
1. To mould the rural masses for their overall development with various aspects like technical education, self-motivation, ethics and personality.
2. To improve the educational environment in the department persistently to achieve outcome-based education.
3. To train the students to cope-up with ever-changing field of Computer Technology and to pursue advanced graduate studies.
India is a developing nation which is geographically big and culturally and linguistically varied. Due to these characteristics it has its own difficulties. For a country with large population and scarce resources, computer technology comes as a great tool of social transformation. E-Government (short for electronic government, also known as e-gov, digital government, online government or transformational government) is creating a comfortable, transparent, and cheap interaction between government and citizens. Computing technology today is recognized as an effective tool for catalysing the economic activity in efficient governance and in developing human resource. International computing scene is enriched by many Indians and persons of Indian origin. Former GM of Hewlett Packard Rajiv Gupta, founder and creator of worlds’ No. I web based email program Hotmail Sabeer Bhatia, Ex-President of AT & T-Bell Labs (AT &T-Bell Labs is the creator of program languages such as C, C++, Unix to name a few) ArunNetravalli, the new MTD (Microsoft Testing Director) of Windows 2000, responsible to iron out all initial problems, Sanjay Tejwrika, the creator of Pentium chip (needs no introduction as 90% of the today’s’ computers run on it),Vinod Dham are just a few names to prove this point. It is said that 34% of Microsoft employees are Indians, 28% of IBM employees are Indians, 17% of INTEL scientists are Indians, which shows Indian domination in international computing field. Department of Computer technology at this Institute runs for developing such persons from rural area so that they can compete in world and enrich the Indian economy.
Programme Education Objectives
PEO 1. Provide socially responsible, environment friendly solutions to Computer engineering related broad-based problems adapting professional ethics.
PEO 2. Adapt state-of-the-art Computer engineering broad-based technologies to work in multi-disciplinary work environments.
PEO 3. Solve broad-based problems individually and as a team member communicating effectively in the world of work.
- Basic and Discipline specific knowledge: Apply knowledge of basic mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals and engineering specialization to solve the engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify and analyze well-defined engineering problems using codified standard methods.
- Design/ development of solutions: Design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the design of systems components or processes to meet specified needs.
- Engineering Tools, Experimentation and Testing: Apply modern engineering tools and appropriate technique to conduct standard tests and measurements.
- Engineering practices for society, sustainability and environment: Apply appropriate technology in context of society, sustainability, environment and ethical practices.
- Project Management: Use engineering management principles individually, as a team member or a leader to manage projects and effectively communicate about well-defined engineering activities.
- Life-long learning: Ability to analyse individual needs and engage in updating in the context of technological changes.
Programme Specific Outcomes
PSO 1. Computer Software and Hardware Usage: Use state-of-the-art technologies for operation and application of computer software and hardware.
PSO 2. Computer Engineering Maintenance: Maintain computer engineering related software and hardware systems.