Vision of the Department:
Developing state of art civil engineers for the upliftment of the rural society through advanced construction techniques.
Mission of the Department:
- To create civil engineers ready for accepting challenges and finding solutions through quality education.
- Use of advanced construction techniques, new materials and processes for the socioeconomic growth of rural masses.
The Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) are:
PEO 1: Provide socially responsible, environment friendly solutions to Civil engineering related broad-based problems adapting professional ethics.
PEO 2: Adapt state-of-the-art Civil engineering broad-based technologies to work in multidisciplinary work environments.
PEO 3: Solve broad-based problems individually and as a team member communicating effectively in the world of work industrial
The Program Outcomes of under graduate course in civil engineering are:
- Basic and Discipline specific knowledge: Apply knowledge
of basic science, Technological fundamentals and technological specialization to solve the engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify and analyze well-defined problems using codified standard methods.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for well-defined
technical problems and assist with the design of systems components or
processes to meet specified needs.
- Engineering Tools, Experimentation and Testing: Apply modern technical tools and appropriate technique to conduct standard tests and measurements.
- Engineering practices for society, sustainability and environment: Apply
appropriate technology in context of society, sustainability, environment and
- Project Management: Use engineering management principles individually as a team member or a leader to manage projects and effectively communicate about well-defined engineering activities.
- Life-long learning: Ability to analyse individual needs and engage in updating in the context of technological changes.