Vision of the Department:
Developing state of art civil engineers for the upliftment of the rural society through advanced construction techniques.
Mission of the Department:
To create civil engineers ready for accepting challenges and finding solutions through quality education, use of advanced construction techniques, new materials and processes for the socio-economic growth of rural masses.
The Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs) are:
PEO 1: Excellence in civil engineering profession and higher studies by acquiring cognitive domain and psychometric skill in mathematics, computer and other relevant Engineering disciplines.
PEO 2: Analyze real life problems, design structural systems appropriate to its solutions that are technically sound, economically feasible and socially acceptable
PEO 3: Advanced professional knowledge of construction techniques in various aspects of civil engineering works and knowledge of related ordinances, codes of practices, regulations and standards, and keeping track of the latest trend in the civil engineering profession.
PEO 4: A professional approach to preserve the environment and achieve sustainable development through use of advanced construction techniques.
The Program Outcomes of under graduate course in civil engineering are:
- Engineering Knowledge: An ability to apply knowledge of basic science, mathematics and engineering fundamentals appropriate to the civil engineering.
- Problem Analysis: ability to identify, formulate and analyze a complex civil engineering problems using first principle of engineering science and mathematics.
- Design/Development of Solutions: An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a civil engineering structures to meet desired needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- Conduct Investigation: An ability to perform experimental investigations as well as interpretation of data to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool Usage: An ability to use recent software in civil engineering, advanced techniques, skills, and modern tools necessary for modeling of complex civil engineering activities.
- The Engineer and Society: An ability to analyze the local and global impact of civil engineering activities on individuals, organizations, and society.
- Environmental and Sustainability: An ability to understand the impact of professional activities in social and environmental context, and demonstrate the knowledge for sustainable development.
- Ethics: An ability to apply ethical principles and to understand commitment of professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Teamwork: An ability to function effectively individually and on teams, including diverse and multidisciplinary, to accomplish a common goal.
- Communication: An ability to communicate effectively, prepare design documentations and to make effective presentations.
- Project Management: An understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these as a member and leader in a team to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life long Learning: An ability to recognise the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development.